[OpenStack-Infra] metadata on nodepool image version?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jan 7 12:24:45 UTC 2014

So looking at - https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1266711, it's a
90+% fail since midnight, which means I'm going to assume something
changed to the system at midnight which made this no good (and the few
success after this are just old nodes that were still in the build queue).

It would be really great if there was some kind of identifier in the
image to tell us that we were or were not on the same set of base
software. Something we could bin against.

Like dpkg -l | sha256sum, that was then added to the metadata in elastic
search. It wouldn't tell us exactly the differences, but it would
demonstrate another metric about failure.

If it was put in the console log crm114 might even pick it up as likely
reason for the failure.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague