[OpenStack-Infra] What's between us an a gerrit upgrade?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Jan 3 17:40:16 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 12:15 PM, Antoine Musso wrote:
> Le 02/01/14 16:35, Sean Dague a écrit :
> <snip>
>> For instance, Gerrit 2.5 added the ability to put UnifiedDiffs in email
>> templates, which would let you know if the review in question touched
>> files that you like to keep an eye on (and trigger local filtering based
>> on that).
> <snip>
>
> Merlijn van Deen, a volunteer for Wikimedia, wrote a python bot that
> would listen for changes and add folks as reviewers.  It even comes with
> file filtering.
>
> The configuration is done by editing a wiki page:
>
>    https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit-reviewer-bot
>
> Source code is:
>
>   https://github.com/valhallasw/gerrit-reviewer-bot
>
> Merlijn is on freenode as valhallasw.

Cool stuff. However, with the scale of both repos and reviewers in
OpenStack, I don't think a global list is really going to work.

Core gerrit actually solves this now (you can watch on a regex), it's
just about us getting there.

There are lots of ways we can work around gerrit, but the fact that
these features are built in really means we should spend the effort to
get there vs. deploying work arounds.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague