[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul gating changes in different projects

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Fri Jan 3 17:27:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

For Wikimedia, I am finally working on getting some gating jobs that are
shared by multiple Gerrit projects.  I am not sure though how to get the
patches applied properly, and would love some enlightenment.

If I get repoA and repoB tested with a dependentPipeline, doing
respectively a change 1 and change 2 and approving them in sequence, the
queue would be:

 - repoA, change 1
 - repoB, change 2

The jobs triggered for the first entry should thus be testing:

 repoA with change 1
 repoB using master branch

For the second entry:

 repoA with change 1
 repoB with change 2

I have looked at the openstack-infra/devstack-gate script named
devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh but it seems to only apply the triggered change
and let over repositories use the master branch. So the layout for the
second entry would be:

 repoA with master   (instead of change 1)
 repoB with change 2

I am fairly sure I am missing something :-(  Any pointer welcome!

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso