[OpenStack-Infra] jenkins-job-builder: passing lists as variables / YAML anchors and aliases?

Michael Prokop openstack.org at michael-prokop.at
Sat Feb 15 14:29:04 UTC 2014

* Michael Prokop [Tue Feb 11, 2014 at 11:14:35AM +0100]:

> in my jenkins-job-builder configurations I would like to have one
> single place where I specify global defaults, then overwrite values
> only as needed in the according projects/jobs.

> This somewhat works with YAML anchors and aliases (see
> http://pyyaml.org/wiki/PyYAMLDocumentation#Aliases - thanks to
> Antoine Musso for pointing me there!), where you can use for example
> "&repos" for assigning a new variable and then "*repos" for
> referring to it:
[...]
> Any ideas how to properly pass a list of values down to the job-template?

My friend and working colleague Victor came up with a patch which
implements exactly what I need (and I consider *very* useful for
inclusion in upstream):

  https://github.com/linuxmaniac/jenkins-job-builder/commit/3ca77a761fde77c383625d13d531455bdebf3fb8

With this patch you can use a configuration file like this (which
does exactly what I was talking about in my initial mail):

  https://github.com/sipwise/kamailio-deb-jenkins/blob/master/jjb/kamailio.yaml

Any comments from your side what you think about this patch?
If there are no objections we plan to submit it for official
review.

regards,
-mika-