[OpenStack-Infra] [StoryBoard] Wireframes for MVP0 (v. 0.2.0)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Feb 4 14:51:43 UTC 2014

Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> I am sending you location for StoryBoard wireframes:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/~jcoufal/openstack/storyboard/
>
> I put together MPV0, which you can see as the only file there at the
> moment. I tried to reflect everything what was discussed in Brussels.

Great work, thanks !

> Please, feel free to discuss, comment or give feedback on everything
> what is in your mind.

Two remarks:

Stories:
About the tasks column (item 2), I think what makes the most sense from
a user perspective is to know the completion of the story, rather than
how much is not completed. I'm reading "1/4" like the story is 25%
completed, while with the current meaning (opened/total), it's actually
75% completed. So I would switch to a closed/total meaning ("3/4"), or
switch to a total / % complete approach ("4 (75% completed)") or even
use some visual fixed-width hint to convey both the number of items and
the completion of them (see [1] for an example).

[1] http://ubuntuone.com/0C879pLwfV1NCfrZP4CFU5

Story detail:
I don't really like the separation between task list, discussion and
activity. I still prefer to have everything on the same page: activity
mixed with comments in a single event log (like in the POC). I would
allow to submit comments when changing status. I would also use icons to
convey the event nature (task created, comment added... etc.). To see
how the POC handled it, see [2].

[2] http://ubuntuone.com/2FhNSgGhPQwaumBABO0gVk

Regards,

--