[OpenStack-Infra] Regarding Third party testing account

Mohammad Banikazemi mb at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 4 00:04:20 UTC 2014

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote on 02/03/2014 05:49:58 PM:

> From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
> To: openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org,
> Cc: trinath.somanchi at freescale.com
> Date: 02/03/2014 05:53 PM
> Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Regarding Third party testing account
>
> On 2014-01-31 16:27:02 -0800 (-0800), Jerry Xinyu Zhao wrote:
> > I remember the value for "comment added" is either 1 or 0, there
> > is no option for filtering the content of the comment.
>
> Given that the simplified third-party CI instructions describe a
> setup using the Jenkins Gerrit Trigger Plug-In and the requirements
> are evolving a demand for recheck support, we may need to either
> rethink that requirement or start suggesting use of the
> openstack-infra/zuul project instead of that plug-in. Does anyone
> else have additional suggestions, or feel strongly about either of
> these possible solutions?

IMHO, for the current cycle removing the recheck requirement (or
requiring rechecks on say all comments with certain values, say 0) is
more reasonable than having a new requirement for using the
openstack-infra/zuul. Meeting such a new requirement may be difficult
considering that Icehouse-3 and other project-specific deadlines for
third-party testing are fast approaching.

Mohammad