[OpenStack-Infra] [infra] Centos 7 images for HP Helion

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 10:11:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to get centos 7 based testing working, but I am stuck
without images being provided in the HP Cloud.  Rackspace has a
(slightly quirky, but workable) image and we have an experimental job
that runs fine.

I am aware that building our own custom images with disk-image-builder
is the way forward for this.  I will certainly be working on this once
the changes have made their way into nodepool and have been deployed.
However, this is a very large change to the way upstream infra works
and I think the existing change is enough to digest without adding new
platforms from day 1.

Also, we generally find a few quirks in differences between rax and hp
platforms (certainly f20 work did), so getting them sorted before we
add in the complexity of d-i-b is a win.

Can someone from hp *please* contact me about this.  If there are
issues with the centos side, I will be able to find people to help

Thanks,

-i