[OpenStack-Infra] [Zuul] Understanding dequeue-on-new-patchset

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Fri Aug 22 17:59:49 UTC 2014

"trinath.somanchi at freescale.com" <trinath.somanchi at freescale.com> writes:

> Hi Jim-
>
> As you said,
>
> [  Strictly speaking, that will mean that every patchset will go through the merger and Jenkins.
>    But if testing for a patchset is in progress when a new patchset is     uploaded, the tests will abort. ]
>

> This above is not happening in my case. Though there are latest patchsets in queue, the Build in Jenkins is not aborted.
>
> When I check the Zuul debug log, I get this error http://paste.openstack.org/show/98555/ which was reported when Zuul tried to abort a build with Jenkins.
>
> My Zuul Layout.yaml is here http://paste.openstack.org/show/98556/.
>
> I feel there is something wrong with Gearman and Jenkins linkage for cancelling a job.
>
> Kindly guide me resolve the issue.

2014-08-22 06:03:23,716 DEBUG zuul.Gearman: Response to cancel build <Build 7a405e1de0f140fb8e2b99d7e6887d72 of Freescale-FWaaS-Plugin on <Worker Unknown>> request: ERR UNKNOWN_COMMAND Unknown+server+commandcancel

What gearman server are you running?  If you are using the one from
https://launchpad.net/gearmand I believe you will need a relatively
recent version that includes the cancel command.

Note that for OpenStack, we use Zuul's internal gearman server.

-Jim