[OpenStack-Infra] Changing the Gerrit Text for -1

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Aug 22 05:20:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 09:26 PM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Hi Infra,
>
> I vaguely recall a discussion where it was stated that should someone
> come up with a better phrase for the -1 text ("I would prefer that you
> didn't merge this"), we could change the text to that.
>
> The below suggestion has a few people agreeing with it. Perhaps we could
> put in a patch to change the text, and see how it goes?
>
> Regards,
>

> Tom

Unfortunately, the actual file that needs to be edited to enact this
change isn't managed by our tooling. We still curate by hand because of
a chicken and egg issue managing the All-Projects ACL file (you can't
manage the file until you have the file in place...). But we do document
what we expect to be in that file. I have gone ahead and proposed
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/116176 and we can argue over the value
there. If we agree one of the gerrit admins can update the All-Projects
ACL file.

Clark