[OpenStack-Infra] [Zuul] Understanding dequeue-on-new-patchset

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 21 22:45:27 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-21 15:11:13 -0700 (-0700), James E. Blair wrote:
[...]
> Strictly speaking, that will mean that every patchset will go through
> the merger and Jenkins.  But if testing for a patchset is in progress
> when a new patchset is uploaded, the tests will abort.
[...]

One corner case I think we've seen which could lead to confusion is
that once a job enters the Gearman queue it doesn't get removed even
if Zuul removes it from the pipeline... so if your worker volume is
backed up enough that some jobs for a patchset haven't been assigned
before another patchset causes the current one to get dequeued,
Jenkins can end up running those jobs anyway.

Did we ever end up implementing a solution for that, or does that
behavior still exist?