[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] [third-party] One CI for several OpenStack projects

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 18 18:47:55 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-18 20:40:48 +0300 (+0300), Ivan Kolodyazhny wrote:
[...]
> I'm looking for something like following:
>
> 1) run my Third Party CI for all patch-sets in Cinder
> 2) run my Third Party CI (Cinder + Ceph backend) for Nova only if it
> changes nova/virt/libvirt/rbd.py module.
>
> Does such approach acceptable for Third Party CI? If yes, does
> Zuul could handle such kind of triggers?

Zuul has the option to run certain jobs only when it sees specific
files mentioned as altered in a Gerrit event. See the "files" option
documented at http://ci.openstack.org/zuul/zuul.html#jobs
specifically. This does mean you'd need different job names for
those separate cases, but they could effectively perform the same
activities (for example if you're also using jenkins-job-builder you
could use a single job-template to generate configuration for both
and embed a parameter expansion in the template name which is unique
per project).