[OpenStack-Infra] Slow tempest runs F20 gate jobs

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 05:23:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking at Sean's change to run more of tempest on F20 [1].  To
test it I'm using [2] -- it has shown is that tempest on F20 is *way*
slower than on Ubuntu, to the point it times out.

I compared logs from [3] & [4] to come up with a comparison [5],
e.g. SecurityGroupsTestXML.test_server_security_groups goes from 28
seconds to 315 seconds (interestingly, it also showed up a bug that
Ubuntu isn't preparing the images for boto tests [6]).

I feel this has got to be due to some combination of nested virt v
binary translation.  Before I waste too much time, I thought I'd check
with the experts for any thoughts?  Is this a known issue?

Thanks

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/112670
[2] https://review.openstack.org/112739