[OpenStack-Infra] Rechecking OpenStack CI

Ruslan Kamaldinov rkamaldinov at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 12 07:27:14 UTC 2014

We've reconfigured our ci to be re-triggered only on command
"retrigger murano-ci" for exactly this reason. But, I guess that it'll
take a lot of time to convince all 3rd party CI systems to do the same
and to use the same trigger keyword.  So, maybe it'll be easier to
update OpenStack CI configuration the way Joshua suggested.

Thanks,
Ruslan

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Joshua Hesketh
<joshua.hesketh at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> Right, what I am actually proposing is to /remove/ that functionality.
>
> Specifically how it is currently configured there is no way to trigger 3rd
> party tests without rerunning (and hence wasting) 1st party CI.
>
> Cheers,
> Josh
>
> Rackspace Australia
>

> On 8/11/14 9:54 PM, Sergey Lukjanov wrote:
>>
>> FWIW it's already configured to recheck on recheck .*
>>

>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/layout.yaml#L18
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:56 AM, Joshua Hesketh
>> <joshua.hesketh at rackspace.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> So I'm wondering if we can optimise our resource usage by limiting when
>>> we
>>> run rechecks a little tighter. A recent change[0] removed the need for
>>> supplying 'no bug' or 'bug #' as it was decided these were unnecessary.
>>> However we are now triggering rechecks on 'recheck*' which means when
>>> somebody wants to recheck a third party they will also be wasting
>>> OpenStack's resources (eg 'recheck migrations' will trigger both
>>> turbo-hipster and jenkins).
>>>
>>> There is also the case where we might want to recheck Jenkins and not a
>>> third party. Most 1st and 3rd party systems both currently trigger on
>>> 'recheck no bug' for legacy reasons but it is wasting both 3rd and 1st
>>> party
>>> resources. Basically we need a way of rechecking only the failing system