[OpenStack-Infra] [openstack-dev] [infra] Basic zuul merger startup

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 22:21:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 20:05 +0000, Dane Leblanc (leblancd) wrote:
> Jay:
>
> Thanks for your help! I manually started the zuul-merger service, and things are progressing further, but with merge errors.
>
> I'm not seeing a /var/log/zuul/zuul-merger.log, but I'm don't have the merger logging set up correctly in the zuul.conf. The zuul documentation suggests:
>
> [merger]
> log_config=/etc/zuul/logging.yaml
>
> Do you know where I might find a sample logging.yaml?  (There's a logging.conf in the zuul repo, but that doesn't have anything that's zuul-merger specific).

Hmm, actually no, I'm not familiar with a logging.yaml file.

So, I checked out the upstream puppet module installation and I see this
in their zuul.conf [1]:

log_config=/etc/zuul/merger-logging.conf

You can see the merger-logging.conf file here:

https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/zuul/merger-logging.conf

I'd just go ahead and copy that to /etc/zuul/merger-logging.conf

Best,
-jay

[1]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/zuul/templates/zuul.conf.erb