[OpenStack-Infra] Branch management in stackforge/fuel-* projects

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 31 15:56:22 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-31 17:39:44 +0400 (+0400), Dmitry Pyzhov wrote:
[...]
> Could you or someone from your team give us permissions for
> adding and removing branches in our repos? What is required from
> us to make in happen in near future?
[...]

Branch creation is allowed by granting a particular Gerrit group
Create Reference permission on the refs/* reference pattern. Since
this is an extremely broad permission which can also override a lot
of other stricter permissions in your ACL, it should be limited to
as small a group as possible (likely those who are also responsible
for tagging releases). For example:

Branch deletion is another matter entirely--that requires the Owner
permission in Gerrit, which grants a lot of other privileges
including the ability to override some basic operations we need to
keep administrator control over. As a result, if there are branches
you need deleted, please contact us either on this list, in IRC
(#openstack-infra on Freenode) or with a Launchpad bug (project name
openstack-ci).