[OpenStack-Infra] Improving the way we handle Corporate CLAs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 28 23:09:19 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-28 10:00:03 -0700 (-0700), Stefano Maffulli wrote:
[...]
> Probably then we should keep the notion of the CCLA in the User/Member
> database then? The manager of the CCLA would click-sign the agreement on
> our site, we keep the historic record of that signature and the manager
> herself declares who works for her, authorized to commit. It would still
> not prevent people to commit code without a CCLA but I htink it would
> improve the situation. What do you think?

I'm hesitant to suggest that any of our CLAs solves any real problem
(after all, I'm not a lawyer, so I only know what I've heard them
say). That aside, I agree the member database sounds like it would
be a sane place to deal with that, but until we actually see the
source code for that site it's hard to be sure.