[OpenStack-Infra] CLA and joint copyright agreement

Sean Roberts seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Oct 28 19:11:11 UTC 2013

You should first discuss if you should be added to the CCLA with your employer.

Sean Roberts
Infrastructure Strategy
seanrob at yahoo-inc.com<mailto:seanrob at yahoo-inc.com> (925) 980-4729

On Oct 28, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Antoine Musso <hashar at free.fr<mailto:hashar at free.fr>> wrote:

Hello,

I did not feel like hijacking the Corporate CLAs thread, so spamming you
guys with my own personal case.

I am an incorporated contractor and contract with the Wikimedia
Foundation Inc.  The contract I have with them has a joint copyright
agreement clause, which belong to both me and them and any party can do
whatever action they want as if they were the sole owner (I am not a
lawyer).  Additionally, say code must be realized under an OSS approved
license.

That being said, I did sign the CLA as a person. I am now wondering
whether the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. should sign the corporate CLAs as
well.  There might be other contractors under a similar agreement as me
and some of their employees did submit code as well.

As I got ownership of the code, you are covered, but I think it would be
nice to have the Wikimedia Foundation involved somehow (I am not
representing them!).

Is that covered already by some FAQ?  Is there some specific point of
contact at the OpenStack Foundation Inc where I could point Wikimedia
legal team to ?

Thanks!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso