[OpenStack-Infra] IRC channel services for Fuel

Matthew Mosesohn mmosesohn at mirantis.com
Fri Oct 25 13:44:15 UTC 2013

Hi Infra folks!

I'd like to open the dark mysterious door to the topic of adding
stackforge and potentially other unofficial projects under infra
services's portfolio. Fuel is already under Stackforge with gerrit
services and it's quite nice to participate in OpenStack development
as a whole.

I work with Mirantis and we want to add channels #openstack-fuel and
#openstack-fuel-dev and use it for day-to-day communication and try to
reach any interested contributors. We currently collaborate elsewhere,
but want to fit in on Freenode IRC. Jeremy Stanley (fungi) proposed I
suggest this topic here to discuss the pros and cons of permitting
unofficial projects in #openstack-* namespace in IRC.

What I'm looking for is a consensus on the effects of hosting our
project in #openstack-* channels on IRC and attaching gerritbot (and
possibly eavesdrop logging) on Freenode and occupying OpenStack Infra
resources. We realize there are obvious benefits in enabling more
people to participate in our project, but the drain of resources
against core projects might be a drawback.

Best Regards,
Matthew Mosesohn
Mirantis