[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul parameters question

Varnau, Steve (Seaquest R&D) steve.varnau at hp.com
Thu Nov 14 21:07:07 UTC 2013

Hello OpenStack-Infra team,

Looking at the Zuul documentation and even the devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh script, I'm not entirely clear on how Zuul passes information for multiple repos.

I understand that a triggering change only applies to one repo, since there are no cross-repo change transactions. But I know that for gate testing Zuul considers "shared change queues" if multiple repos run the same job.

Repos A and B are in the same change queue, change in A is being tested, and then a change in B enters the pipeline; in this case the Zuul parameters (ZUUL_REF) is for repo B (ZUUL_PROJECT).

How does the job get information about the preceding changes in repo A?  Documentation mentions ZUUL_CHANGE_IDS, but I don't know how that helps me.

Does Zuul wait and not run such cross-repo dependent jobs at the same time?

Thanks,
-Steve