[OpenStack-Infra] taskflow requirements

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Nov 12 09:47:54 UTC 2013

Yes it's still a thing and no it's not being deprecated, I heard other things from other people at rackspace say the opposite, so maybe u misunderstood adrian (if or if  not rackspace is involved is there choice in the end).

So yes it's still being actively developed and yes it's gaining traction. I don't see that traction slowing down. There was a lot if summit sessions on it that I did so I'm not sure where u heard that it's not active.

And as for spiff sure can use that also, but IMHO u will come to the same conclusions I did, that I believe spiff is functionally inferior, your mileage may vary though. Likely there are use cases for both in the end; feel free to do your own investigation into what each offers. Spiff to me lacked a well defined state machine, was to complex and did not have foundational semantics that taskflow does have (extremely important ones like resumption, reversion and state persistence...). But feel free to make up your own mind, it's a free world after all...

-Josh

Sent from my really tiny device...