[OpenStack-Infra] Zuul packaging

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Nov 1 00:45:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Paul Belanger and I worked on packaging Zuul for Debian.  I have finally
> updated the package to 1.3.0 and rely on openstack-packaging-tools package.
>

> The result is in https://github.com/hashar/zuul-deb.git branch zuul-1.3.0.
>
> 1.3.0 has been cut six months ago just before the Gearman merge. What do
> you think of cutting new version of it?  I filled a bug requesting a new
> tag:
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/zuul/+bug/1246799
>

> To get the package included in Debian should I reach out with the
> OpenStack packaging team or are you guys able to handle the review and
> Debian upload?

I just merged you code into my repo, thanks!

As for getting it into debian, I'd likely want to wait until we tag
zuul with the gearman.  That saves us dealing with upgrade issues. As
for getting it into debian, zuul still depends on python-voluptuous <
7.0, so we'll have to address also.  Debian Sid ships with 0.8.2-1.

I've talked to the openstack-pkg team in the past and they didn't
really see -infra as part as then.  I'm fine with that, so either we
create a new team within debian or maybe move the packaging over to
stackforge.

Honestly, I prefer stackforge since we can get the CI integration.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)