[OpenStack-Infra] Git-review tests

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jun 20 20:50:03 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-21 00:01:53 +0400 (+0400), Dina Belova wrote:
> I may spend some time on this subject, so please share your
> script if you can so that I can look through it and see what can
> be done to provide some automated gating.

(Removed openstack-dev from the Cc: to reduce unnecessary
cross-posting.)

The current, very hideous exercise script can be had from...

    https://github.com/fungi/grtest/blob/master/grtest

It assumes a number of things about our Gerrit sandbox including
project layout/contents. It also (if invoked with --system) will
sudo pip install the version of git-review you're testing, so it's
not recommended for running on any sensitive systems... I usually
use a throwaway VM if I'm doing system install/upgrade/uninstall
tests with it.