[OpenStack-Infra] git-review: Make it possible to cherry-pick a change

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jan 17 19:30:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-17 20:17:14 +0100 (+0100), Miklos Vajna wrote:
[...]
> Patchset 6 was already approved by you, then Marcin jumped in, added
> some additional features, this updated patch got negative reviews,
> finally there is no update for this change since then.

Well, it wasn't "approved" by me (if it were then it would already
be merged). I was good with it as-is, but wanted more input from
other contributors before forging ahead. That's where Marcin stepped
in and suggested additional integration to fit with some of his
improvements we'd recently merged.

> What is the suggested method to resolve this kind of situation?
[...]

In this specific case, just reintroducing the couple of warnings
from patchset 4 back into the current patchset should be sufficient
from my perspective. Either of you is welcome to do that, or I will
when I get a few minutes to burn there.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); MUD( kinrui at katarsis.mudpy.org:6669 );