[OpenStack-Infra] git-review: Make it possible to cherry-pick a change

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Jan 17 19:17:14 UTC 2013

Hi Jeremy,

On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 07:39:35PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2013-01-03 21:59:06 +0100 (+0100), Miklos Vajna wrote:
> [...]
> > BTW, any chance to get a second review from someone from the core
> > team, please?
>
> It's been slow with so many people on vacation or holidays last
> month, but now that things are picking back up hopefully we can
> interest some reviewers. I'm Cc'ing the openstack-infra mailing list

Ah yes, good idea, I'm subscribed now.

> since that's where we should ideally have E-mail discussions about
> infrastructure projects like git-review (and your target audience
> are all subscribed there). Thanks for your patience!

Sure, no problem. One question, though, this situation is new to me:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17290/

Patchset 6 was already approved by you, then Marcin jumped in, added
some additional features, this updated patch got negative reviews,
finally there is no update for this change since then. What is the
suggested method to resolve this kind of situation?

Marcin, if you have time in the near future to finish your additions to
get this change in, that would be the best. If this is not the case,
does it count rude to re-upload patchet 6, and suggest merging that
alone as a first step, and do the rest of the changes as a separate
change?

Thanks,

Miklos