[OpenStack-Infra] Week-end project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Dec 17 09:25:01 UTC 2013

Mathew R Odden wrote:
> Not to hijack the topic, but I have a team of university students that I
> am looking for an OpenStack related blueprint/project for them to work
> on. I think this would be something that wouldn't be too hard for them
> to jump into and achieve some results for the duration of their team
> project.
>
> I also think it would be an extremely useful utility for managing the
> growing amount of meetings.

I think that would be a good project for them (limited scope,
self-contained), unless you want them to get familiar with OpenStack
itself (rather than our development infrastructure).

They might need mentoring though, especially to understand
gerrit/zuul/jobs which is a pretty essential part of the process (check
jobs to check availability and file syntax, post-merge jobs to refresh
the ICS and get it published in human-readable fashion). I can help as
the "customer" expressing feature requests, but can't spend too much
time mentoring.

Let us know if they grab it so that we don't spend more time on it.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)