[OpenStack-Infra] Week-end project

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Dec 12 13:27:18 UTC 2013

On 12/12/2013 05:04 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
>> On 12 Dec 2013, at 10:21, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The format of the YAML file would limit errors (all times in UTC,
>>
>> What would be the YAML format ? something like this ? [1]:
>>
>> openstack-meeting:
>> 	- nova:
>> 	  - time: 21:00
>> 	  - occurrence: weekly
>> 	  - day: tuesday
>> 	- swift:
>> 	   - time:  20:00
>> 	    - occurrence: bi-weekly
>> 	   - day: wedenesday
>>
>> openstack-meeting-alt:
>> 	-trove:
>> 		- time: 21:00
>> 		- day: wedenedsay
>> 		- occurrence: bi-weekly
>>
>> Chmouel
>>
>> [1] Just kicking the discussion, didn’t enrol for that (yet) :)
>
> Looking at the meetings wiki page and what we need to recreate it,
> probably more like:
>
> - Nova team meeting:
>   - day: Thursday
>   - time: 21:00
>   - repeats: weekly
>   - chair: Russell Bryant
> - Translations team meeting:
>   - day: Wednesday
>   - time: 00:00
>   - alternatetime: 16:00
>   - firstdate: 2013-12-10
>   - repeats: rotatingweekly
>   - channel: #openstack-meeting-alt
>   - wiki: Meetings/Translations

Honestly, translating to ical recurrence relationships is going to be
wonky enough (I used to maintain the ruby icalendar gem, and have done a
bunch of fixing of the drupal implementation), I'd just say do this in
ical native with a validator.

ical is ugly, but it's mostly understandable (and I'd be happy to mentor
on it). For the intents and purposes for this it would probably be fine.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net