[OpenStack-Infra] Branch names for (historical) publications

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Thu Dec 12 00:27:19 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

First news, I've confirmed that we did indeed pull in all our history
from the old repository at
https://github.com/openstack-ci/publications so this can safely be
deleted from github. All the history is safe in our
openstack-infra/publications repository.

Last week Clark and I went through the publications to split out how
we should organize it all as we pull historical docs from the history
for publishing, we worked on this etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/infra-pubs-cleanup

If you rewind the publications repository back to commit
7eaa6ddf356ea00b4d798d6581000a42e063b531 you will get to the last
change before our "delete everything" change and will see a bunch of
directories, as you can see in the etherpad we split these off into
two categories:

1. New distinct talks -> new branch in openstack-infra/publications
      growing-openstack
      puppetconf
      tutorial
      ci-roadmap-folsom
      lca2013-distros
      uds-p-launchpad
      lca2013-bare-metal merge uds-p-qa into baremetal?

For this first set, we need to come up with sane branch names for each
one. Plus figure out what to do with the last one. Thoughts? (on list
or in etherpad is fine)

Once we decide on branch names I'll chip away at getting these split
out and published appropriately.

For this second set, we're not sure what to do since they've now been
folded into or deprecated in favor of newer talks and versions that
are currently in revision control. Should we pull them out and tag
them to their respective branches? Or just leave them abandoned in
publications history?

2. Existing talks that need to be tagged on the existing talks in
openstack-infra/publications
     jenkins
     overview
     cloud-testing