[OpenStack-Infra] Infra mid-cycle meetup

Rainya Mosher rainya.mosher at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Dec 6 19:30:27 UTC 2013

Hihi Jim,

My team at Rackspace are interested in this meet-up! The exact number and
who will go will depend greatly on where it is held and the actual dates
you arrange for it, but I anticipate myself and 2 developers (3 total.)

We are most interested in the following topics:

- the storyboard project (https://github.com/openstack-infra/storyboard)
that is slated to replace launchpad
- the "graduation" process for gating / voting jobs (e.g., How new gates
are decided? What is reasonable?)
	- example, database migrations are a huge pain point for us; my team is
collaborating with Michael Still on getting non-voting info reporting to
the gate to make it visible
- better understanding of zuul and gearman and how we might leverage that
for our internal release-driven processes

I'd also like an opportunity to share the tools we have put together to
handle our internal releases and how we (at Rackspace) at taking what is
merged and validated through the CI gate, packages that up, and deploys it
to the Rackspace public cloud. We can / want to do a better job of
aligning with upstream CI tooling, but had to stem the crazy we were
dealing with release from trunk. We setup a very basic internal CI that
uses Redmine, jenkins, and github. Now that we have a better handle on it,
we need to see where alignment will happen and if our use case is / can /
should be covered by upstream CI.

Thanks so much.

Rainya Mosher
Software Dev Manager - Infrastructure, Deploy Systems
210.316.5065 (mobile)
Communication € Strategic € Maximizer € Individualization € Activator
Not all of us can save the world. Some of us need to make it worth saving.
- RFM