[OpenStack-Infra] Vertical space in Zuul

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Aug 18 04:56:15 UTC 2013

Hey all!

Most of you are better UI people than I am, and certainly are doing
things with css and js that are out of my league - so I'm just going to
attach a screenshot and a description rather than upload a tentative patch.

Basically - on my laptop, the zuul status screen has a BUNCH of
whitespace, and I have to scroll the screen to see what's going on.

Part of the reason is that the consistent header we're using eats a good
chunk of vertical space. The other is that there is a lot of excess
space between the bottom of the already low header bad and the top of
the actual pipeline info.

What would make me happier, I think, is if the Queue lengths and Filter
projects box went to the right of Zuul status, we lost the description
of what zuul is (or maybe put it in a footer, or as a hover?) and shift
the pipelines up to more below the Zuul Status bar.

To be fair - I'm always going to have to scroll this screen - but even
if I go and then filter on requirements right now, which has two things
in the post pipeline, I still can't see them all on the page. (third
screenshot)

I've also attached a screenshot of what gerrit looks like on my laptop
for reference. It's upper stuff is much more compressed. (I'd kind of
like to kill "Code Review Dashboard for Monty Taylor" on it...)