[OpenStack-I18n] [I18n] I18n team now becomes SIG (Special Interested Group) + call for volunteers

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:26:46 UTC 2020

Hello,

This is to announce that OpenStack Technical Committee finally approved
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/721605/ patch
which means that I18n team now becomes a SIG (Special Interested Group)
team.

Note that I18n team stayed as an official team for about recent five
years [1], which were really great to deeply involve in reflecting
translation artifacts for better internationalization world by tightly
interacting with other official teams.

Now I feel that lots of detail processes and guidelines are well-defined
and now very stable.

There can be many next actions, but first of all, I would like to
vitalize more communications by calling for volunteers to co-work with
this I18n SIG.

Feel free to reach me (e.g., e-mail, IRC) if you would like to work
together or
if you think that your language team seems silent, please also ping me
so that I wanna move forward by communicating existing language
coordinators or nominating new language coordinators.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2015-June/001112.html