[OpenStack-I18n] Questions about Stein Dashboard UI translations

Frank Kloeker eumel at arcor.de
Mon Apr 1 10:20:29 UTC 2019

Good morning,

last week I was on a business trip and just wondering about ML
activities. But for sure, we have release weeks and thanks for raising
up that topic.
Based on Ian's work I just cleaned up the Stein Dashboard with stable
branches as available [1]. So it's more clear what translators have to
do, I mean translate stable branch instead of master. There is no clear
handover between project teams when a stable branch is available, so
this needs to investigate by Zanata admin/PTL, or the failed job list on
[2]. A lot of good jobs are already running on [3]
Further I investigted Ian's creation of empty versions in Zanata and I
would say that won't work well, because that are post jobs and not
periodic jobs in Zuul. So if now merge on stable branch will happen, the
po files won't sync to Zanata. Or it will take days, like in [4]. On the
other hand, someone will translate things targeting in that release,
then it's required to copy the stable version from master as usually.
I know, this takes some time and work, but at the moment there is no
improvement because Zanata developement is already gone and the feature
set on API is at it is.

Regarding the second question for Horizon on translation check site it
might be a question for the Horizon team. From my experience with
language settings it depends mostly on your browser settings. So I'm not
sure if it's really a bug.

kind regards

Frank

[1]