[OpenStack-I18n] Retiring i18n-spec repository?

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 01:46:25 UTC 2018

Thank u for raising this issue.

The repository was created almost two years ago, since I thought when I
was PTL that
I strongly believe that following all OpenStack-ways (e.g., spec &
blueprint, task management such as Launchpad or Storyboard)
makes OpenStack teams healthier and it would apply to I18n team.
But it seems that interacting a lot with non-friendly (just perspective
from translators) tools to I18n team
is one of barriers using such toolings.

I am still on the party making use of development-friendly tools in I18n
team - Internationalization is not only translation
but also includes all of effort on how translation is managed with
multiple OpenStack artifacts and such management requires some of
development and management knowledge (not too much, I think I18n cores
can follow well on such knowledge),
but it is definitely fine to use tools which more I18n team & core
members are friendly.

Besides, for the perspective of task management, I think migrating
Launchpad to Storyboard in I18n team
would have advantages - more user-friendly and GUI based user interface
would make I18n team healthier
and IMO Storyboard can be used instead of i18n-specs repository.