[OpenStack-I18n] Edge Computing Whitepaper Translation

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 29 13:50:41 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-29 18:50:23 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> NOTE: Anyway I need to grant it from the foundation because CC
> Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license does not allow
> me to share translations without permission. I updated this files
> only for discussion and will close this soon.
[...]

It seems like this is a really poor choice of license as it's
impairing open collaboration. Even Creative Commons suggests that
the CC BY-ND license is unsuitable for free cultural works:

    https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/freeworks/

We should see about getting this changed to CC BY like is used for
other collaborative works produced by our community.
--
Jeremy Stanley