[OpenStack-I18n] Changing Japanese coordinator

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:18:17 UTC 2017

Hello Kato-san,

I truly appreciate your lots of work as a I18n core and effort as a
Japanese language coordinator
over the past years.

One great work from my remembrance is [1] - a great blueprint spec draft.
I think lots of translated I18n guides [2] would not be possible without
the spec
and Kato-san's work on documentation translation was a good reference
for I18n guide translation support.

I first met him during Tokyo upstream training in 2015, and from that
period, he was a great mentor to me.
Frankly speaking, I asked Kato-san so a lot both online and even offline
for I18n activities.
During Pike PTG on last February, I met him almost every day morning in
a breakfast restaurant
(although we did not make any arrangement we were there!), having
breakfast together,
and he were so kind to share the details on I18n activities.
Without such discussion, my activities in I18n team might not be possible.

I really hope that Kato-san's life will be more happy and successful,
and we will see again.

And let's congratulate Yuko Katabami for becoming a new Japanese
language coordinator!

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-i18n/+spec/i18n-contributor-guide
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/i18n/