[OpenStack-I18n] horizon/dashboard Translation sync broken?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Jun 18 14:58:19 UTC 2017

On 2017-06-18 21:53:06 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Thanks for raising this.
> It seems the translation update job runs on python 3.4. I am not sure
> all horizon features are ready for python 3.4.
> Did the infra switch the default python to python 3.4 recently?
> Although horizon itself does not work with python 3.5 at the moment,
> python 3.4 is completely out of scope of python 3 support.

There was a mishap a while back where the default pip on our servers
got inadvertently linked to an alternative installation which
defaults to using python3. As a result, virtualenv got reinstalled
and started creating python3-based environments in error. The pip
linking was quickly reverted, but fixing the virtualenv installation
on proposal.slave.openstack.org seems to have been overlooked. I've
just now force reinstalled virtualenv there and confirmed it's
creating python2.7-based environments now. I'm going to spot-check
some of our other similar servers to make sure there's no regression
or missed repair elsewhere as well. Thanks for noticing this!
--
Jeremy Stanley