[OpenStack-I18n] [tripleo] I18n-themed Deep Dive - July 6th

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Fri Jul 14 09:45:17 UTC 2017

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for watching and offering feedback!

On 14 July 2017 at 10:11, Patrick Huang <pahuang at redhat.com> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing Julie.
>
> Just watched the recording and wanted to provide some feedback.
>
> - To check for invalid pot file, you can use msgfmt -c message.pot. Since
> ultimately we want to ensure valid pot file, this might be better than
> writing tests for javascript. msgfmt is part of gettext package in linux.

This is a shell command though, and the tests that are run on the
tripleo-ui gate (that could block the patch from merging early if
there is an issue) only run JavaScript at this point. I'm not sure if
we could just run a shell command as part of such a test.

> - zanata-cli pull supports a new option --min-doc-percent. e.g. zanata-cli
> pull --min-doc-percent 75 will only download files with translation over
> 75%. But again it won't remove old files dropped below 75%. Maybe delete
> them all before pull?

That sounds awesome! Do you know from what version this is available,
is this something we could use in the infra scripts?

>From what I understand, every OpenStack project still do manual ratio
calculations at this point [1] so it would be good to update this for
everyone. It would avoid issues where the percentage ends up slightly
different between what Zanata shows and what the script calculates. (I
manually deleted an unmaintained po file that was <60% in Zanata but
it ended up being submitted again, because the calculations are done
differently.)

Thanks again for all these tips.

Regards,

Julie