[OpenStack-I18n] Fwd: Re: Translations-test site

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:48:03 UTC 2017

Hello infra team (copying: openstack-i18n mailing list),

I18n team initially proposed a spec for translation checksite about two
years ago [1],
and the specification was revised [2] by making use of OpenStackAnsible
with the help of Horizon team [3].

Three teams have been communicating a lot and now we think that it is time
to deploy translate checksite using OpenStackAnsible
into openstack-infra side.

Would you help us to successfully deploy translate checksite into
openstack-infra?
It would be much nice if such deployment is accomplished by around R-5 [4],
since Soft and Hard StringFreezes
are important for translators, but it we do not have enough time to prepare
by then, it would be also nice to prepare translate checksite for the next
cycle.

I am copying & pasting a recent message from Frank to share up-to-date
status on translate checksite implementation status.

===========
We are nearly done with the developement of translation check site. At the
moment I'm doing some test with the work from Andy but basicly it's
realized as described in [5]
Now it's time to think about the installation on openstack-infra site. I
think we need a new server with Ubuntu Xenial, clone the git repo [6] and
run the script on [7]. Finaly with need a cron job to sync the translation
files periodically.
The question is what you need for the installation. Is it a puppet manifest
like [8] or you prefer a new format? The installation of the site takes up
to 50-60 min. This was a problem in the past for running puppet. But we
need the time only for a fresh installation. Later we can refresh code with
git pull as ansible task or manually.

kind regards

Frank
===========