[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-Infra] [I18n] Regarding Zanata upgrade plan to 3.9.6 with Xenial: Help is needed

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:37:24 UTC 2017

Hello,

I already talked with Alex through IRC: Testing copy version with a
smaller scale project was completely fine.

As ianw shared:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2017-January/005058.html
and
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2017-January/002670.html
,
gc and database status might be suspected which contribute to too slow
Zanata.

Some additional thoughts from me are:

- Different mysql driver from Trusty:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/406398/1/manifests/init.pp
   might contribute, after seeing Alex's comment on "mysql driver".
- Current master version of openstack-manuals in translate.o.o (not
translate-dev.o.o) has 17,423,952 words, which is larger
   than the number of words for versions: test-version-creation2,
test-version-creation, and stable-newton.
   If it is really the bug from Zanata, then future execution of
creating a new version: "stable-ocata" after Ocata documentation release
   will contribute to production server downtime.

@clarkb, then might it be better to also test with larger memory size?
     Or testing openstackid-dev for a while would be a good idea now?

One correction: I thought
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/manifests/site.pp#n1392
enumerates the root admins in translate.openstack.org and also
translate-dev.openstack.org, but it was my complete
misinterpretation on the file. After deeper investigation, I have found
that the list is for Zanata instance admins
: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172528/ .