[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-Infra] [I18n] Regarding Zanata upgrade plan to 3.9.6 with Xenial: Help is needed

Alex Eng aeng at redhat.com
Sun Jan 15 22:01:27 UTC 2017

> How much memory do we think will be necessary? The current instance is
> an 8GB RAM instance. As long as we have quota for it, there should not
> be a problem redeploying on a bigger instance.

Can we look at 10GB? and run the same test again to make sure its running
alright.
I assume mysql DB is running on separate server?

> I have commented on this change. I would prefer we not backup the dev
> server and only backup the production server. We don't treat our dev
> servers as permanent or reliable installs as they may need to be
> reloaded for various reasons to aid development and testing. Also we
> should set up backups similar to how we do the other services (I left a
> comment on this change with a link to an example).

Agree. I would suggest if possible, sync DB data from prod to dev weekly.
This would help on allowing us to debug if there's any issue in prod.

This is something that can be discussed with the infra team, typically
> we would give access to someone assisting with implementation to the
> -dev server while keeping the production server as infra-root only. I
> will make sure fungi sees this.

Again, if we can constantly sync prod to dev instance, we will only need
root access to dev server.

Alex Eng
Senior Software Engineer
Globalisation Tools Engineering
DID: +61 3514 8262 <callto:+61+3514+8262>
Mobile: +614 2335 3457 <callto:+614+2335+3457>

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100 <callto:+61+7+3514+8100>
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199 <callto:+61+7+3514+8199>
Website: www.redhat.com