[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-Infra] [I18n] Regarding Zanata upgrade plan to 3.9.6 with Xenial: Help is needed

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:36:37 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to summarize the status for Zanata (translation platform)
upgrade here from various but a little bit scattered results,
and also ask some questions to infra team.

- I18n team completed tests with current Zanata (3.7.3) with Xenial [1],
but found one error
   mentioned in [2]. It seems that more memory size allocation for
Zanata with Java 8 is needed.
   Could you upgrade the memory size for translate-dev server first to
test again?

- I remember that newer version of openstackid needs to be tested with
translate-dev.
   So I have just uploaded this patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/419667/ .
   I18n team needs more tests, but I think it is a good time to change
to openstackid-dev for such testing.
   Please ping me after openstackid-dev test with translate-dev is
completed with no error :)

- On last I18n team meeting, I18n team recognized that the backup would
be so important.
   Is there more disks for such backup on translate-dev and
translate.o.o server?
   And the approach implementing like [3] looks quite a good idea I
think. Thanks, Frank!

- Can I have root access to translate-dev and translate server?

I really appreciate kind and continuous help for such Zanata upgrade,
but sometimes
I feel that considering priority like in [5] would be also a good idea.
(Or somewhere on i18n-specs, which is not yet revised with items [6]).

Since O cycle is rather short and also StringFreeze period is important
for I18n team with translations,
it seems that applying new Zanata version into production (I mean,
translate.openstack.org)
would be difficult. But, I really want to upgrade Zanata 3.9.6 with
Xenial in translate-dev.openstack.org during O cycle
and hope that all tests will be fine.

Then I would like to have some discussions during PTG event including
this topic :)

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/i18n-zanata-test-for-translate-dev
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2017-January/002643.html