[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-docs] What's up, Doc? 10 Feb 2017

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Fri Feb 10 11:33:51 UTC 2017

Team team team team team,

Welcome to my first edition of What's up, Doc?

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone who supported me when I announced I would like to run for manuals PTL. Although I ran the election uncontested (like the beginning of all good dictatorships), it was wonderful to receive messages of support from everyone. I’ve slowly been ramping up and getting used to the mass influx of emails. Turns out I’m really good at sending out emails with the incorrect time and/or date. Big thanks to Andreas for informing me the next 9th of January will be in 2020.

Without further ado, let's get down to business! We have a very short window now between Ocata and the start of Pike, and we still have quite a number of things left to achieve.
- If anyone has time to dedicate to Install Guide testing - please sign up (links below). Thanks to those who have already volunteered to help Lana out!
- As per my email yesterday, I'd love to see some people out there smashing bugs! (links also below, and more info in the meeting minutes from yesterday).

== Progress towards Ocata ==

* 12 days to go!
* Closed 256 bugs so far. We have 128 open bugs left: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs
* Release tasks are being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OcataDeliverables
* Install Guide testing is being tracked here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OcataDocTesting

== The Road to PTG in Atlanta ==

Docs is a horizontal project, so our sessions will run across the Monday and Tuesday of the event. We will be combining the docs event with i18n, so translators and docs people will all be in the room together. Everyone welcome! Conversation topics for Docs and i18n here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docs-i18n-ptg-pike

Event info is available here: http://www.openstack.org/ptg
Purchase tickets here: https://pikeptg.eventbrite.com/
Tickets for the Boston summit: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/

== Specialty Team Reports ==

API - Anne Gentle:
The trove API docs are incomplete after migration, and a user reported the bug to the ML. Anne to log the missing clustering API info. Alex and Anne to meet with the app dev community manager at the Foundation to talk about goals for developer.openstack.org. The NFV Orchestration (tacker) team landed their API ref this week.

Configuration Reference and CLI Reference - Tomoyuki Kato:
CLI Reference: Updated some CLI references. Added aodhclient. Config Reference: Start working on Ocata updates.

High Availability Guide - Ianeta Hutchinson:
Sent a message to the ML looking for people interested in helping out on the HA guide for Pike. Planning for the PTG as I can’t attend.

Hypervisor Tuning Guide - Blair Bethwaite:
No report this week

Installation guides - Lana Brindley:
Landing page review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425821/12. Install guide testing is well underway.

Networking Guide - John Davidge:
Working on organising a Networking Guide working group with the neutron team at the PTG. Also been smashing bugs.

Operations and Architecture Design guides - Darren Chan:
Darren and Ben are working on an action plan for the Arch Guide to be worked on during Pike to get the current draft guide published.

Security Guide - Nathaniel Dillon:
Moved the sec-guide bugs to the sec team Launchpad. Sec and doc team to coordinate and come up with action plan for the future of the sec guide at the PTG.

Training Guides - Matjaz Pancur:
No report this week

Training labs - Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi:
Training-labs has a rough, but working Ocata patch. Issues we found are noted on the Etherpad as you requested. We should be able to release within a week or two after Ocata is official.

User guides - Joseph Robinson:
The legacy command changes have gone through well this release, and the next steps is to check with the nova, neutron, cinder, and glance teams on the status of some specific project commands

== Doc team meeting ==

Our next meeting will be on Thursday 23 February at 2100 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt. We will not be skipping the meeting in favor for the PTG as the docs sessions are on the Mon-Tues and I would love the opportunity to immediately report back to people who cannot attend.

Meeting chair will be me (Alexandra Settle - asettle)! \o/

For more meeting details, including minutes and the agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting

--

Have a great weekend!

Alex
All round badass and supernaturally good potato peeler

IRC: asettle
Twitter: dewsday