[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-docs] [dev] What's up, doc?

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Fri Apr 7 15:46:30 UTC 2017

Team,

This week I have still been working on drafting a governance tag for our guides called "docs:follows-policy". I have been working with Doug Hellmann (dhellmann) in the last week to change to draft dramatically, so it would be good for doc people and doc liaisons to review. We are trying to make this a broader tag, so it can be applied for other guides too. To review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445536/ I am also in the process of documenting guidelines in our Contribution Guide - which would also benefit from doc reviews:  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453642/

Would like to call out and thank John Davidge for his awesome work with the Networking Guide and neutron-related patches. He's been providing valuable guidance, and reviews, and it has been greatly appreciated by myself and the team.

Lana Brindley has done an awesome job for the last two weeks in keeping our bug list under control. We are down to an amazing 102 bugs in queue, and 82 bugs closed this cycle already!
Next week, I will be looking after the bug triage liaison role!
If you're sitting there thinking "bugs are for me, I really love triaging bugs!" well, you're in luck! We have one spot open for the rest of the cycle (14 Aug - 28 Aug): https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team

== The Road to the Summit in Boston ==

Keep an eye out for the docs and I18n have a project onboarding room at the summit. Melvin Hillsman (mrhillsman) of the User Committee submitted a forum topic for the Ops Guide to get operator feedback.
David Flanders from the Foundation has also proposed a forum topic for developer.openstack.org (which currently houses our API, SDK, and other dev stuff). We'll be discussing major changes to that and would like to see some feedback from people here. Any questions on that, shoot it my way. My main objective for this forum topic is to reduce our current technical debt that lives on this site.
For more information on forum topics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum
Schedule has been released: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedul

== Specialty Team Reports ==

* API - Anne Gentle: API versioning in relation to release versioning is currently manually compiled for the 40-ish API services, so ideas on how to automate and surface that info welcomed. More info: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/114690.html
* Configuration Reference and CLI Reference - Tomoyuki Kato: N/A
* High Availability Guide - Ianeta Hutchinson: We are continuing to collaborate with OS DevOps team. See the tag ha-guide-draft for bugs opened to fill content for the new guide.
* Hypervisor Tuning Guide - Blair Bethwaite: N/A
* Installation guides - Lana Brindley: We have now branched, so please remember to backport if you have edits to the Ocata guide now. Big thanks to all the testers who have been working hard over the past month or two (that Nova cells bug was *tough*!), and to Brian and Mariia for doing the heavy lifting. Noticed a bunch links to draft versions of the guide in Newton/Ocata branches, backports for that have been merged, and the Contributor Guide updated so we don't miss it in the future (https://docs.openstack.org/contributor guide/release/taskdetail.html#update-links-in-all-books).
* Networking Guide - John Davidge: More patches landed in the last couple of weeks dealing with the move to OSC, and more are still in flight. Progress also continues on RFC 5737 compliance. Thanks to all contributors for their work.
* Operations and Architecture Design guides - Darren Chan: Arch Guide: edited architecture considerations content and cleaned up the index page structure which was applied across OS manuals. Some ops-related content was moved to the Ops Guide. Our current focus is improving the storage design content and networking design content.
* Training Guides - Matjaz Pancur: N/A
* Training labs - Roger Luethi: We released the Ocata version of training-labs this week.
* User guides - Joseph Robinson: For the user guides - the spec on migrating the Admin Guide content this week moved closer to merging. I started preparing the work items for action on the User Guides tasks wiki page.
* Theme and Tools - Brian Moss: Anne has a spec up for theme consolidation, please check it out: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/454346/, Brian has fixed up the sitemap tool tests, reviews welcome: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453976/. 41 open bugs, 13 closed in Pike

== Doc team meeting ==
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, 20 April at 2100 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt.
For more meeting details, including minutes and the agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting
The meeting chair will be me!

Big thanks to Joseph for stepping up in the last 2 meetings and hosting in my absence! Really appreciated it :)

--
Have a great weekend :)
Alex

IRC: asettle