[OpenStack-I18n] Lao Localization

Kato, Tomoyuki kato.tomoyuki at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Sep 26 04:28:41 UTC 2016

Hi Ian,

> Hello Saikeo,
>
> Thank you for your remainder.
> I am currently keeping this issue into my to-do list.
>
> IMO we need to discuss in I18n IRC meeting: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#I18N_Team_Meeting
> because frankly speaking I am not too much familiar how I can create Lao language in Zanata and so on.

To create a language team, you can do it from the "language"
tab on Zanata.

> And since I18n IRC meeting schedule is now being considered to be changed,
> I will announce it later. Then on I18n IRC meeting, I would like to hear all opinions and find ways to add Lao language
> in translation infrastructure.

As far as I know, if the language is supported by general gettext,
infrastructure itself does not have any special constraint.
And, "lo" Lao is supported.

If I remember correctly, however, we need to take care that
Horizon uses Django which supports small-set languages.

> With many thanks,
>
> /Ian

Thanks,
KATO Tomoyuki