[OpenStack-I18n] To language team coordinators: Let's speed up for Newton translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 03:53:34 UTC 2016

One thing to note on the final date.

The week of Sep 26 (- Oct 1) is the final release candidate week.
The previous mail said Oct 1 is the deadline, but most OpenStack projects
will release the next RC in the middle of the week.

I would suggest to finish translations by Sep 27 0600UTC if possible.
0600UTC is the time of the daily translation import.

> Dear language coordinators and also translators,
>
> Although I think this telling is so late compared to Mitaka translation,
> I would like to kindly remind that we need to speed up for Newton
translation,
> since the cut-off date for final RCs (when translation results will be
finally imported) is *October 1st*.

> According to the dashboard on translate.openstack.org, our targeted
priorities are as the followings:

> - Dashboard - Horizon (High)
> - Dashboard Authorization Page (High)
> - Trove Dashboard (Medium)
> - Sahara Dashboard (Medium)
> - Murano Dashboard (Low)
> - Magnum UI (Low)
> - Designate Dashboard (Low)
>
> Note that recently, stable-newton version was created in translate.o.o.
> Please translate to *stable-newton* branch, not master branch (exception:
releasenotes should be translated on master branch).

> I tried to check whether there will be IBM translations or not,
> so I sent an e-mail to Douglas Fish (drfish at us.ibm.com), but
unfortunately, his e-mail address is not active.

> Since we do not have enough time, let's first focus on Horizon for
translation, and then translate Horizon related projects.
> (Surely, translation on server projects are also welcome!)
> Hope that we will have as much translation as we did previously,
> and I really hope that we will be able to keep on translation effort for
Ocata and further releases as one team.

> If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to me or call
"ianychoi" nickname on Freenode #openstack-i18n channel.
> Sometimes my response can be slow, but I will respond :)
> Thank you very much.
>

> With many thanks,
>
> /Ian
>
> Ying Chun Guo wrote on 2/25/2016 5:53 PM:

>> Dear coordinators,
>>
>> Mitaka translation will be started at the beginning of March,
>> and probably ended in the week of March 28.
>> We need to get ourselves ready for Mitaka translation from now on.
>>
>> Because of the join of IBM professional translators, we will be able to
>> cover more projects in our translation plan of this release.
>> Generally, the jobs of existing community translators will not be
affected,
>> focus on Horizon, same as before.
>> IBM translators will focus on "other" projects.
>>
>> Before Mitaka translation starts, there are several things you can do:
>>
>> 1. Update glossary.
>>
>> If you don't have glossary translations in i18n repo[1], or you want to
update
>> glossary translations, you can send a patch with your translations or
your updates
>> to i18n repo directly.
>>
>> 2. Document your local team communication method in the team wiki
page[2].

>> While Mitaka translation starts, it's good to open your local
communication channel to
>> all of your language translators. Good communication is quite important
for people from
>> different places to work well together.
>>
>> 3. Join IRC channel[3] #openstack-i18n with your zanata ID
>>
>> As a coordinator, you have the responsibility to coordinate your
language translations.
>> A good practise is to show up in IRC and have your people to get you
easily when they have troubles.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC>