[OpenStack-I18n] RFC: publishing translated release notes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 19 17:17:37 UTC 2016

> On Sep 19, 2016, at 4:08 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:
>
> On 2016-09-18 22:02, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> I've done a proof of concept on how we could publish translated release
>> notes:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/372167
>>
>> I've added two open questions to the review - please look at it and give
>> me your suggestions. If anybody comes up with a better solution, this
>> would be more than welcome,
>>
>> Note that currently only 19 repos have translations for release notes -
>> out of 197 repos that have release notes,
>
> Somehow the releasenotes itself do not get translated. A few lines have
> translations but lots is missing.
>
> For example, check:
> http://users.suse.com/~aj/horizon-releasenotes/
> http://users.suse.com/~aj/trove-dashboard-releasenotes/
>
> And compare with openstack-manuals that does not use reno:
> http://users.suse.com/~aj/openstack-manuals-release-notes/
>
> My guess is that the string extraction - or merging back - is not
> working with reno as we would expect it.
>
> Is there anyone that could investigate this, please?
>
> The script can be run easily locally.
>
> I won't have time this week to work further on this,

Andreas,

Thank you for taking the next step in this process. It was on the task list for the release team this cycle, but slipped again, so I really appreciate your work.

Unfortunately, now that we are in the release candidate period, I do not expect to have time to look at the issue myself. We should try to get it working before the Ocata-1 milestone, though. Let me know if that works with your anticipated workload.

Doug