[OpenStack-I18n] First stable/newton branches created

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:15:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

Actually I do not know exactly how I see a list of stable/newton
versions in Zanata.
(Should I click all the projects and check corresponding versions
currently?)
But yes, there are also many server-side projects, such as nova and neutron.

Andreas Jaeger wrote on 9/19/2016 9:07 PM:
> On 2016-09-16 17:45, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Job to sync translated projects:
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365872/
>>
>> Please review - and if I missed some repos, create a new change,
> I noticed that more projects have stable-newton branches in Zanata then
> those that I added - and thus far more than are mentioned on the front page.
>
> Do you really want to allow translation of all of these - or focus like
> it's written on the Zanata front page and as Ian states in "To language
> team coordinators: Let's speed up for Newton translation​" on a few
> Horizon projects?
>
> I suggest to focus and remove stable-newton branch from those projects
> you're not handling.
>
> Should that list be the list of repos I enabled in infra? Or only the
> dashboard ones?
>
> So, basically, what I'd like to know:
> * Which projects should have stable-newton in Zanata?
That is why I intended first to check whether there will be more IBM
translations or not,
since IBM contributed translations on server-side projects a lot.

As
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/073942.html
shared about one year ago,
and at Austin I18n meetup, server-side projects were not included in our
priority.
( Austin I18n meetup Etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/austin-i18n-meetup )

Non-prioritizing would mean non-consideration of stable/newton branches
for server projects in Zanata?
I do not clearly remember it, but if it is okay, currently I am okay to
remove those projects which are not handled.

But still, I would like to know to IBM's translation contribution plan,
and also listen
to language coordinators and translators by this mailing list or later
I18n IRC meeting.

For documentation projects (e.g., openstack-manuals), creating stable
versions after release data is needed.

> * Which should be synced to git (IMHO the same ones)?
IMO same as the 1st
> * Do you want to point out further repos besides the dashboard ones? If
> yes, how?
I think current decision for Newton is up to Kato-san, since he is now
Newton PTL :)
Kato-san, do you have idea on that?

And of course, I really want to point out documentation projects for
stable/newton branch after the release date during Ocata cycle.