[OpenStack-I18n] Planning Barcelona Design Summit session - contributors meetup

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:53:37 UTC 2016

Robert Simai wrote on 10/17/2016 10:13 PM:
> On Monday 17 October 2016, 21:52:13 Ian Y. Choi <ianyrchoi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Robert Simai wrote on 10/17/2016 9:28 PM:
> [...]
>
>>> I see all the user facing projects are aggregated under the link
>>>
>>> "Dashboard translation (Required)"
>>> https://translate.openstack.org/version-group/view/newton-dashboard-tran
>>> slation
>>>
>>> for all languages. Is that the change you made?
>> Actually at that time I did not create such group. Kato-san created this
>> on last July I think.
> Then my sincere thanks go to Kato-san. For some reason I must have
> overlooked it :-)
>
>> I have updated a few more on the front page, since now translating
>> mainly on master branch
>> rather than stable-newton version will be nice.
>> For user facing projects of Ocata translation, please see:
>> https://translate.openstack.org/version-group/view/ocata-dashboard-transla
>> tion/ (I have just created such group.)
>>
>>> This is _very_ helpful as it now allows to quickly see the status.
>>> Thanks a lot!
>> Hope that the new group "Ocata dashboard translation" will be also
>> useful to all. :)
> Yes, very nice! Thanks for your support!
>
> As a side note, since it's Master it includes the release-notes which makes
> the percentages for the projects appear very low at first glance. It might
> be a technical challenge or not feasible at all but probably they better
> appear within another dashboard...
As far as I know, current Zanata does not support such things
technically. T.T

> Furthermore I suspect that not all Newton translations have yet been merged
> back into Master. I don't know who takes care of this.

Me did take care of this already around on last weekdays (I did not
remember exactly.. Maybe on last Wednesday to Friday).
If you find some untranslated strings which seems to be translated on
stable-newton but does not be shown on master branch,
please tell me with target project name and strings. Then I will
consider re-merge for specific projects again.