[OpenStack-I18n] [OpenStack-docs] No document string freeze on stable branch?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 03:55:03 UTC 2016

My point is only about stable/mitaka branch of Networking Guide.
Honestly I think I am stopping catching up with translation maintenance of
Mitaka Networking Guide
as I thought only small updates will happen.
If we i18n team should assume large changes happen suddenly even for stable
branches,
perhaps only full-time translators can continue to work on them.

The same thing applies to continuously-released guide.
For example, Japanese translation of the older admin guide (IIRC some
difference name) had good progress,
but after the admin guide was refactored drastically, it seems no
translators are working on it as it's massive volume
and they lost their previous contents. After more than one year passed from
the introduction of the new admin guide,
Japanese translation percentage is less than 10%.

Honestly, the i18n team looks better to revisit documentation translation
strategy though I have no good idea.
It may be better that the i18n team translates guides with lesser volume to
avoid losing a lot.

> Japanese team
I give up maintaining the translated networking guide.
It will be dropped from the Japanese index sooner or later unless someone
jumps in.
I start to think it is more productive if I add more contents to the
upstream guide.