[OpenStack-I18n] translated release note: import criteria and publishing

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Oct 9 08:45:10 UTC 2016

On 10/09/2016 07:50 AM, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
> [...]
> By the way, I think we need to discuss the value minimum: 40%, since the
> value has been changed from previous 20% (actually 8% in script).

8 % only for two specific files - and those files don't exist in this
form anymore...

> I have updated [4] about several months ago. At that time I just
> referred Wiki documentation [5].
> On March, the value was still 20% [6].
>
> IMO Andreas temporally changed the value from 20% to 30% [7] and 40% [8]
> for cleaning up purposes.
> So which minimum percent value would be appropriate for I18n team?
>

> [4] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/i18n/infra.html#translation-jobs
> [5]
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure#Translation_percentage_changes
> [6]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-i18n/2016-March/001993.html

We agreed some time ago (a year or two?) that as "release criteria" we
have 60 % as minimum for translationed - and so we removed some files
manually prior to releases that had low translation rate.

This time I didn't want to check all repositories again, so looked at a
different way.

Initially, I didn't want to hardcode the 60 % value into the scripts out
of fear of a jo-jo effect, specially for smaller files: A couple of
untranslated strings might easily make the percent go from 75 % to 60 %
- and that's why we had 20 % initially. Seeing how it worked over time,
I slowly raised the values while monitoring the effect in the daily imports.

So, should we keep it at 40 % for the scripts?

Btw. let's document at one place only - on docs.o.o,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)