[OpenStack-I18n] What's Up, Doc? 27 May 2016

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Fri May 27 05:19:59 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

This week I've been focused on getting the Install Guide project back up and running, with the team meeting being rebooted, our specs finally merged, and organising the list of tasks to be getting on with. Also, don't forget to vote in our naming poll: http://goo.gl/forms/Eqf9WOGqsXjkRbdc2 I'm still very much in need of representatives from the various project teams to pitch in and help us get things running. Please make sure your project is represented by coming along to meetings, or at least contacting us through the mailing list.

In other news, the Ops and Arch Guide re-architecture is proceeding apace. Specs were merged this week, and the new Arch Guide ToC is looking great! Check it out here: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/newton/arch-guide-restructure.html We are also still looking for feedback on the current Ops guide. Add your notes here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-guide-reorg

== Progress towards Newton ==

131 days to go!

Bugs closed so far: 107

Newton deliverables https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/NewtonDeliverables
Feel free to add more detail and cross things off as they are achieved throughout the release.

== Speciality Team Reports ==

'''HA Guide: Bogdan Dobrelya'''
No report this week.

'''Install Guide: Lana Brindley'''
Specs are now merged, an blueprints created. Tasks listed here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/InstallGuideWorkItems Please go ahead and pick up work items. Need project representation in meetings. Next meeting: Tue 7 June 0600 UTC

'''Networking Guide: Edgar Magana'''
We did not have meeting this week. Nothing to report. Next IRC meeting: Thursday June 2nd at 1600 UTC

'''Security Guide: Nathaniel Dillon'''
No report this week.

'''User Guides: Joseph Robinson'''
Action items to follow up - email meeting minutes to the mailing list to update the community.
Currently, the team has two contributors. Please let me know if you're interested in working on the User Guide Team.

'''Ops Guide: Shilla Saebi'''
Shilla & Darren working on collecting enterprise docs to push upstream
Ops tasks are documented here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-arch-tasks
OpenStack ops guide reorg in progress & documented here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-guide-reorg
Spec was merged: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311998/

'''API Guide: Anne Gentle'''
No report this week.

'''Config/CLI Ref: Tomoyuki Kato'''
A few configuration docs patches for some vendor plug-ins has been merged, with mitaka backport.
Heat CLI is marked as deprecated.

'''Training labs: Pranav Salunke, Roger Luethi'''
No report this week.

'''Training Guides: Matjaz Pancur'''
Updates for Upstream training material

'''Hypervisor Tuning Guide: Blair Bethwaite
No report this week.

'''UX/UI Guidelines: Michael Tullis, Stephen Ballard'''
No report this week.

== Site Stats ==

This month, two thirds of our site visitors have been using their Mac to read the docs. Just under 30% used Windows, and Linux rounded out the remainder at 4%.

So far in the Install Guide naming poll, "OpenStack Installation Tutorial" has a commanding lead at 30%, with "Basic Install Guide" and "OpenStack Evaluation Setup Guide" (try saying that ten times fast!) tying for second place with 17% of the vote each. I'll keep the poll open for another week or so, and announce our winning name in next week's newsletter.

== Doc team meeting ==

Next meetings:

The US meeting was held this week, you can read the minutes here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/MeetingLogs#2016-05-25

Next meetings: